If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Alaska, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 13 discount real estate brokers in Alaska based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Alaska
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Alaska for home sellers who want to save on realtor commission while still receiving exceptional service.
What we like: Clever offers discounted rates (up to 50%) from traditional realtors. Plus, the highly rated matching service is completely free to use with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You can compare different options and find the best fit for your needs while receiving a special 1.5% listing fee, the same rate Redfin offers.
- Work with a reputable agent from a well-known brokerage, not a discount real estate broker
- Significant savings of up to 50% off the typical commission rate when you choose Clever
- Enjoy a wide selection of agents available in Alaska
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your preference
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (your agent will provide a breakdown of what’s included during the listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Total reviews nationwide:
Total reviews from Alaska:
Redfin AlaskaLearn More
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate services in Alaska can save sellers a significant amount compared to average listing fees, but it doesn’t offer as many agents to choose from as Clever does.
What we like: Redfin offers substantial savings with its 1.5% listing fees (as opposed to the typical 3%). If you choose to buy and sell with Redfin within a year, you can enjoy an additional 0.5% off your listing fee. Redfin is also a well-established brand with highly-reviewed discount real estate agents.
Things to watch out for: Redfin uses a team-based selling approach and relies heavily on technology to cut costs — you’ll work with a lead agent and remote back-office team. This approach might not work for every seller. Redfin also requires a minimum commission fee of $3,000 in Alaska. If your home sells for less than $200,000, your fee may be slightly higher than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Established brand with reliable agents
- Attractive to sellers who prefer a technology-centric approach
- Service model may not meet everyone’s expectations
- Limited selection of agents compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min. in Alaska) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Mr. Alaska Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Mr. Alaska Real Estate offers both listing-only and discounted full-service real estate plans for Alaska residents, but there’s little information available about the packages.
What we like: Mr. Alaska offers two distinct packages for sellers: a listing-only option at $299 or a full-service plan with a 4% bundled commission. Experienced home sellers could save significantly using the cost-effective listing-only option.
Things to watch out for: The broker advertises personalized Alaska MLS listings at a flat fee, but few details are available for the listing packages. We highly recommend interviewing an agent from Mr. Alaska Real Estate to learn more about its offerings.
- Opportunity to save money with either the $299 listing-only option or the 4% (total commission) full-service plan
- Collaborate with a seasoned real estate agent with over 30 years of experience in Alaska
- No possibility of receiving refunds after choosing to list with Mr. Alaska Real Estate
- Listing period for the MLS isn’t disclosed for either package
- Limited information about full-service packages
- Only one agent is available for assistance
- $299 upfront
- 2.5% buyers agent commission at closing
- 4% total commission at closing
*Total commission includes listing agent commission and buyer’s agent commission
*Not enough data available at this time
Other discount real estate brokerages in Alaska
Assist-2-Sell is a nationwide flat fee real estate provider that serves Alaska. However, it didn’t make our list because the fee varies by location, and minimal information is available about the services offered. These factors made it challenging to provide specifics on listing packages and to compare Assist-2-Sell to other discount real estate brokers in Alaska.
Discount Realtor connects home sellers in Alaska with licensed REALTORS® who offer local MLS services at a flat fee or discounted commission. A lack of concrete pricing and service information kept us from including the matching service on our list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Alaska brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Alaska: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Alaska: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Alaska is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 28 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Alaska discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 97,564 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Alaska region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Alaska options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.